Thursday 19 February 2009

Advice to a Blogger

(1) Set yourself some ground rules at the start.
(2) Review the ground rules regularly. Are you keeping them? If not, what should change: the rules or your blogging practice?
(3) Blog regularly, but don't let it dictate your life.
(4) Tell friends you're blogging and encourage them to comment. When they do, you'll get a huge lift.
(5) Add pictures if you can. That will cheer your blog up considerably.
(6) Try to be self-aware but not solipsistic.
(7) Enjoy yourself.

3 comments:

  1. These are great - number 6 the trickiest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your blog, Gillian, and you are certainly right about the photos. I will pay more attention to it, when it isn't quite so late.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyleree -- thank you! One thing I have learnt already is that it really does make a difference to have a readership and not just feel as if you're sending stuff out into the void. If I haven't been commenting on your blog, it's mostly because I hadn't had the link. I think I've got it now, so will follow it up asap!

    ReplyDelete